FLOOR SAWING NORTHAMPTON
WHAT IS FLOOR SAWING?
Floor sawing is one of the most commonly used diamond cutting methods. It is typically required where large masses of a reinforced concrete slab or asphalt need to be removed or cut in some way.
A floor saw is essentially a large motor with a single diamond-imbued blade attached. The saw can be driven by a single operator who walks behind the machine as cutting of the slab progresses. Floor saws are typically used to provide expansion joints, remove damaged pavement sections, clean and repair random cracks, and remove concrete sections for demolition purposes.
WHY USE FLOOR SAWING?
Diamond floor sawing can be used for a range of applications, such as:
- Creating expansion joints
- Forming large openings for lift shafts, staircases, and doorways, etc
- Removing damaged, uneven areas of concrete to provide a clean, smooth edge
- Cutting to form channels for drainage, cables, or other services
- Sawing long distances on motorways or other roads. Often for the installation of a new drainage system or for basic roadway repairs
- Repairs and improvements on runways